Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thinking About The Fall

My son is 2-years old. All the parents reading this know exactly what I mean when I say that. He's just begun to flex his 'independent' muscles and as much as it burdens me to say it, the reality is that at times it is depravity and not obedience that takes over.

As a parent, it is hard to watch your child make disobedient choices...it pains you to see them disobey and suffer the consequences for their choices. 

I took my little boy to pick some apples this weekend, and although we had a wonderful time laughing, picking apples, riding tractors and enjoying God's creation...when I saw this picture today I was reminded of the Biblical story in Genesis 3 and then I was troubled at the thought of how hard it must have been (and still is) for God [our heavenly Father] to watch his children rebel against his glory and desire for their lives.

Thank you Lord for your mercy, your grace and your son, Jesus Christ.





jason

No comments:

Post a Comment