Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Significance of Family Worship

"I finally realized, and it became my desire, that I would be the best man that I possibly could for God, that I could be the best husband that I could for Evelyn, and be the best father that I could for my children, and to do everything I can to make sure that they know about Jesus and hope that they come to a point in their lives where they ask Jesus to be their Savior. And I thought if I could do that, and at the end of my life look back, that would be what really mattered to me, not whether or not I was an astronaut or anything else."
- Rick Husband, Commander of Space Shuttle Columbia

How is family worship at your house?  If you are like me, you read the quote from Rick Husband above and blushed, or worse yet...you cried.

I love my family.  In fact next to Jesus Christ, I love them more than anything else in this world.  However, my love for them translates and resonates most effectively not by the amount of money I make to spend on them, not by the amount of rooms in the house I provide for them, or the food that I am able to provide for them...but instead in the amount of time I spend ensuring that they know who Jesus is.

Life is short.  Commander Rick Husband knows this fact all to well.  His life was quickly ended after an 18-day trip into space.  The world watched as Space Shuttle Columbia burst into flames and blew to pieces upon it's reentry into the Earth's atmosphere.  But the beautiful thing about Rick Husband is that he took the time he needed to ensure his wife and children knew who Jesus was, and what Rick did for his family is priceless.

So, the question is, what are you doing to ensure your family knows who Jesus is?  Are you truly loving your family in the way that honors God and them?  If you're like me, you'll be thinking on this one a lot today.

Here is a useful resource on this:  [ LINK ]


For His Glory,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment