Monday, December 31, 2012

Don't Despise the Name of the LORD



“A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I am a father, where is my honor? And if I am a master, where is my fear? says the LORD of hosts to you, O priests, who despise my name. But you say, ‘How have we despised your name?’ By offering polluted food upon my altar. But you say, ‘How have we polluted you?’ By saying that the LORD's table may be despised. When you offer blind animals in sacrifice, is that not evil? And when you offer those that are lame or sick, is that not evil? Present that to your governor; will he accept you or show you favor? says the LORD of hosts. | Malachi 1:6-8 (ESV)

Here's a question for us to ponder:

If we were to offer to God half of what we give to ourselves or the people we try so hard to impress...how much different would our offering look? It's not about money. God doesn't want our stuff. He wants our affection, our obedience and our devotion. He wants a heart set on and satisfied in him. So, where do you give your time, your labor, your efforts, your love or your devotion?

Lord, teach me to seek you first...and your righteousness. Teach me not to give you what is left, but to give to you of my first fruits.

For His Glory,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment